To simplify, digital marketing is nothing but marketing any product or service done via the internet. It is a kind of “new-age” marketing technique that is different from the conventional or traditional systems of marketing. It is different from traditional marketing due to the fact that digital marketing offers the advantage of monitoring entire aspects related to your marketing strategy. And of course, this monitoring can be accomplished on a real-time basis.
Nowadays, people spend a considerable amount of time on the internet. The boom of social networking websites in recent years has attracted more and more people to their desktops, laptops, and mobile devices. According to recent surveys, it is estimated that an active Facebook user spends an hour on Facebook each day on average. People nowadays spend more time on the internet compared to the past decade. The Internet has become an indispensable part of the lives of many. Digital marketing too exploits this situation to the maximum.
Digital marketing techniques are implemented via many means. These techniques make use of search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing and also adopt methods like email marketing, bulk SMS, Social Media Advertising, creating websites, banners, etc.
Advantages of Internet Marketing Over Traditional Marketing
- As already discussed in the introduction, the greatest advantage of digital marketing is that it facilitates the scope of monitoring online campaigns, which is otherwise not possible in the case of traditional marketing techniques.
- You may make the analysis of your online campaign right from the start and can determine its progress that too in real-time. Real-time analysis can be done to assess the traffic to your website, know conversion rates, and many others.
- Creating inquiries, generating visitors, reaching your target audience, branding-related possibilities, and many other benefits are associated with digital marketing. Traditional marketing is devoid of all these benefits. Once you have implemented a campaign in a traditional marketing system, it is difficult to perform tweaks or other customizing options.
- Worldwide exposure – The information that you share can be accessed from any part of the globe. Even you can determine or make a preference over your target locations.
- Compared to traditional marketing, the cost of setting up a digital campaign is very less.
- In order to implement a digital marketing campaign, your essential requirements are a computer, an internet connection, and in-depth knowledge of digital marketing.
Who then should learn digital marketing?
Taking a digital marketing course is a “must-do” for anyone who would like to get into online marketing. Ranging from a company CEO to a housewife, rather anyone with a basic knowledge of computers and the internet can pursue this course.
• Marketing professionals – Marketing professionals who own a BBA or MBA degree, Business development Executives, or other experienced individuals who have been into marketing must take up this course. For marketing professionals, taking up digital marketing training programs should not be viewed as an option to consider later. It is high time that you become aware of the latest digital marketing concepts, without which it is difficult to survive in this ever-changing digital era.
• Individuals who are currently implementing traditional marketing strategies and who would like to make a “switchover” – Marketing strategies have to be changed according to the changes that we perceive and feel in our society. Sticking to the same old marketing tactics may prove fatal and may affect your business prospects in a negative way. Those individuals who would like to try out digital marketing are all invited to this training program. Even merging traditional marketing techniques with web marketing may work out in certain scenarios. After all, the perquisite to attend this course as already indicated is only the basic understanding of computer and the internet.
• Company CEO / Business Owners – The CEO can monitor the marketing strategies his/her company adopted and coordinate the implementation procedures with the entire team. Having a though understanding of digital marketing concepts and technicalities makes the CEO capable of providing his/her contribution and suggestions to the marketing wing. Small business owners can also reach more markets or targets by using digital marketing tools either by themselves or with the help of someone under their supervision.
• Beneficial for housewives – A vast majority of housewives have ample time at home after performing their routine work. Those housewives who are interested to make some extra income from online marketing can certainly take up the digital marketing course. For example, paintings, artworks, handicrafts, dress materials, etc can be marketed online with the least expenditure.
• Unemployed youth / Entrepreneurs – Digital marketing consultancy is a very swift and decent way of making money online or in the comfort of your house. There is a need for digital marketers to manage brands. Organizations are employing people daily on a full-time or part-time basis as digital marketers. Digital marketers can also set up their own firms or consults and begin to manage brands as freelancers.
• Students – Students pursuing BBA, MBA, and other marketing-oriented courses can take up digital marketing courses as part-time courses along with their studies. It serves as an extra bonus at the time of interviews and can boost your profile. Moreover, the individuals shall be eligible for placement in IT companies as SEO analysts, Digital Marketing Executives, etc.
• Others – Web marketing is not meant for marketing professionals or online marketers alone. Even a layman with a strong desire to explore the horizons of digital marketing can master this subject with a little dedication and hard work.
Earn a certificate in Digital Marketing Today.
Classes according to your convenience – The Institute of Digital Marketing and Communication Ghana, offers, a wide variety of training programs in order to suit your convenience or work schedule. We provide evening, weekend, individual and online classes for our learners. We also arrange corporate training for organizations and start-up ventures. If needed, you may also attend our digital marketing crash course for the duration of 2 weeks. This will help you attain a quick grasp of digital marketing basics.
Credit: Rajesh Khann